All of the strategies and techniques outlined in this document are to be considered as an outline of best practices for token sale paid ad strategies . Due to the fact that each token sale is unique, and you may have information that conflicts with the below document or have a different paid ad strategy in place, the information contained in the below document should be adjusted to fit your strategy. If the below document doesn’t feel aligned with your current strategy please keep in mind factors or insight that may conflict with the below document and adjust to fit your current strategy or contact us so that we can discuss why a particular portion of this document is in conflict.
The purpose of this document is to lay out a strategy with accompanying best practices for white hat token sale advertising and give an overview of exactly how we create ad campaigns, who we target and why, what platforms we leverage with your budget, and then breakdown the spending in hopes to better explain how we are able to cause massive growth for our clients.
Prior to paid ads
For a successful token sale, certain elements need to be in place to maximize advertising efforts. With the immense number of crypto projects, having a high level of clarity is crucial — understand your company inside and out. Without clarity, there is ample opportunity that people who are not closely involved with your company will not understand the offering. When you know your company forwards and backwards the website, white paper and one-pager will be incredibly easy to understand and instill confidence in potential investors. One way to both garner interest in advance and help refine your message is to begin establishing personal relationships early on. Once these elements are in place, begin advertising your token sale 4-6 months before it is scheduled to take place.
The type of token you create will affect how your token sale can be marketed. By ensuring the token is a utility token, giving people access to a product or service in the future, and not a security token you will be subject to far less regulation.
Token sales have different regulations depending on the country, so the strategy will be different per geographical location. Expect there to be fewer regulations in countries other than the U.S.
How we create ad campaigns
- • Possible objections: Think about common objections you have heard and formulate responses to them that appease people — these may be unique to your company.
- • Content type: Showing the right content at the right time is important in the education and conversion life cycle of potential investors. This happens over a period of time and re-targeting people that seem engaged will keep you at the forefront of their mind. Eventually awareness of your product or service will drive people to action if pushed through the funnel in the right way at the right time.
- • Videos: Videos are 5x more engaging than text and within 15-30 seconds can give someone a quick and deep understanding of your service or product. Once they have seen a teaser video they can be directed to the website for more information and can view a longer video with more in depth explanation.
- • Testimonials: Promoting videos, quotes, posts and other similar pieces of content where others have spoken favorably about you is a powerful tool that can be used to instill confidence in investors.
- • Downloadable content: Inspire people to download your white paper to learn more about your company.
- • Token sale landing page: An ad that peaks people’s interests should direct them to a token sale landing page to get additional information that will answer questions they have and make them feel more comfortable about participating in the token sale.
- • Token Sale calendars: Online token sale calendars exist to feature dates and information about companies’ token sales. These sites also send out email newsletters to which people subscribe. Some sites list token sales for free, but because investors don’t spend much time on the sites browsing, securing a sponsored option will gain your token sale more exposure.
- • Coinschedule.com
- • CoinGecko.com
- • Cyber Fund
- • ICOCrowd.com
- • ICOCountdown.com
- • ICO-List.com
- • Tokenmarket.net
- • TokenSaleCalendar.com
- • Native ads: Some crypto sites will have the option to pay for and publish native ads — pieces of content that subtly advertise your company by following your editorial guidelines. Having a content calendar will help align your native ads with your strategy. They may offer packages that combine banner/text ads along with native ads.
- • Compliance: Making sure to follow SEC compliance where applicable will guarantee
As token sales are used more and more as a means to fundraising, standing out from the crowd becomes increasingly important. There are still standards, however, that participants will expect you to adhere to to give people enough confidence to participate in your token sale.
- • Market research: Market research is an important first step to creating a successful campaign. Defining and understanding the market with utmost clarity will define how you speak to your market and what it is they need to know.
- • Content locations: There are several main types of content that can be created and
placed in paid positions to ensure receiving appropriate exposure.
• Banner and text ads
• Paid articles on crypto sites
• Calendar listings
- • Content topics: Over promises and guarantees on ROI will not convince people to invest. Honest transparency, however, will help potential investors feel comfortable. They should have all the information they need to make an informed decision.
- • Story: Share your story in a way that helps people understand the problem you are trying to solve in an engaging way and inspires them to buy in to your vision. What is the solution you are creating?
- • Tokens: When will the token raise start? Why should people invest and trust in your
How much have you raised to date? What discounts are you offering?
What milestones on your roadmap will this token sale help you meet? How does the token work within your system?
- • Team: What notable projects has your team worked on that shows they will help your
company be a success?
Why is your team the right team to carry it out?